The boys have a love of anything that goes fast which means they pretty much love anything they can race with. Be it trains, Hot Wheels and even their bikes in the garden. Everything is a race. So when we were tasked with a Space theme as part of our Bostik Blogger role they were adamant they wanted a Space Rocket.
Here’s our step-by-step tutorial.
How to make a colourful Space Rocket
You will need:
- 1 piece of card (optional)
- Foam sheets
- 1 empty Kitchen roll tube
- Cardboard cone (available in most craft stores)
- Washi Tape (optional)
- Variety of foam shapes/buttons
- Glue/Glue Dots
1. Paint the cardboard cone in the colour of your choice (this will be the top of your rocket) . If you can’t get hold of these in the shops you can make your own using some coloured card and stick together with some tape. Set aside to dry.
2. Colour the empty kitchen roll tube. We chose to wrap a piece of card around ours, but you could paint it if you wish. Cut the coloured card to size and then glue to the kitchen roll tube. Set aside.
3. Now you need to make the Rocket base from the foam sheets. Draw the desired shape onto the foam and cut out. Then using that one as a template repeat another three times so you have four.
4. Now you need to attach these to the rocket. Using a pen, mark where they need to go and use a scalpel to score a slit into the kitchen roll tube and insert. Repeat this process another three times. You now have the base of your rocket!
5. The cone you painted in Step 1, should now hopefully be dry. Place on top of the kitchen tube and either glue or cellotape to the tube.
6. Lastly, decorate with foam pieces, buttons and washi tape.
Pin it for later:
*We were sent a box of crafts from Bostik in order to create these items.
These are awesome. I love this. What great crafts & ones to do over the summer x
Woah! That’s so awesome-I’m for sure going to try these out with my kids over the summer vacation.
Pingback: 19 Out of this World Space Crafts with Bostik Bloggers | Tots 100
1st its very cool, 2nd its a timely post that i have found because there is an activity session next week in my sister’s daughter school, so this is something i am gonna make for her so that she can take that to the school. Thank you so so much. I will subscribe to your blog for more posts like this.