I saw a post from Five Little Doves last week where she interviewed her 3-year-old and asked a bunch of questions. I thought it would be a great idea to do the same with my boys.
First up, I interviewed M who recently turned three. Having only just turned three and being a bit of a fidget he wouldn’t sit still to answer my questions, so I asked them while he was playing with his trains.
Let’s see what he has to say for himself!
1. How are you feeling today?
2. What makes you happy?
Didn’t you just say that?
3. What makes you sad?
I was sad on the carpet because I was
He is referring to carpet time at nursery here as he’d just come home from a morning there…I tried to find out more but he wouldn’t elaborate
4. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Obviously he thinks I’ve forgotten he is already three. It was only a couple of weeks ago!
5. What is your favourite food?
This is news to me – I thought it would have been spaghetti or chicken nuggets?
6. Describe Mummy?
He’s right – I’ve been poorly this week with a sore throat and cough
7. Describe Daddy?
Daddy, seven, eight, nine, ten
(I have no idea what that means…)
8. Who created the world?
Ha – you wish M!
9. What is the queen’s job?
Don’t let the Queen hear you say that – she won’t be too pleased!
10. Who is the prime minister?
Err don’t know
I don’t blame you for not knowing!
11. What did you dream last night?
I see a recurring theme of “I don’t know” here
12. What would you like to do tomorrow?
I was to go on a climbing frame
OK… but you do that at nursery?!
13. Where in the world do you want to go?
I want to go to a shop with chips again with holiday
Mentioning chips again? I really didn’t know you liked them that much?!
14. Why do we celebrate Christmas?
I don’t know
Obviously forgotten about the presents already!
15. Where does the tooth fairy live?
Fairy lives too far away
You could be right there – the tooth fairy probably does live very far away!
16. What is your favourite animal?
Who knew? He has never mentioned Giraffes before?!
17. Who is your best friend?
I was banking that he was going to say his brother, but instead he’s mentioned a girl from nursery!
18. What makes you laugh?
Figures from the answer to the last question!
19. Are you going to get married?
Let me guess to Mabel? I think she’s older than you. Are you into older girls?!
20. Tell me a secret?
I don’t know!
We’re back to that again, are we?
21. Where do babies come from?
On the potty
Errr…..? I think you are getting confused. YOU are potty training at the moment
22. What do you like to watch on television?
And don’t we all know it?
23. How much money do you have?
Three is very much the magic number at the moment
24. What do you do that is naughty?
I don’t know mummy!
Mmmmm too many to recall?
25. Describe yourself?
Here we are with three again!
26. What is the best job in the world?
Red train crash
To be fair, I asked you while you were playing trains. It’s no wonder it makes no sense!
27. Where does Father Christmas live?
Out in the night
28. Who is Jesus?
I don’t know!
* Makes a note to talk to M about Jesus*
29. What is your favourite vegetable?
No surprise here – you do love them.
30. Are you bored with this quiz now?
Yeh..ok the train is now stopping!
Ok – questions are done, you can go back to playing with your trains!!
Have you tried interviewing your children before? Their answers might surprise you!