I was tagged ages ago by my beautiful friend Louise from Birds and Lilies to do the 100 truths tag, so I’ve finally gotten around to doing it. Have a read if you want to be nosy and find out a bit more about me!
1. What’s your name?
Maria Mei Lei
2. Any nicknames or aliases?
Maz, Li, Mummy!
3. Your gender?
4. Your star sign?
5. How old are you?
39 – I’m turning 40 this year!
6. Your relationship status?
7. Any children?
8. Any pets?
No, but would love a dog!
9. Any tattoos or piercings?
I have my ears and Daith pierced – no tattoos
10. What do you like about yourself?
Errm….I have a good brow shape…I’m generally on time for most things and am very loyal.
11. What do you dislike about yourself?
I wish I had longer eyelashes – I proper envy my boy’s one – they are super long!
12. Righty or lefty?
Lefty! My boys are both lefties too!
13. The last thing you drank?
14. The last thing you ate?
We had Burritos for dinner!
15. Your last phone call?
Erm.. the man who was coming to clean my oven called to say he was on his way! (So rock and roll!)
16. Your last text message?
Replying to Mr H, who told me he was on his way home from work.
17. Your last email?
It was to a blogger who’s interested in joining my new guest series!
18. The last song you listened to?
Some random pop from 2016 on my Amazon Echo – can’t remember what it was
19. The last book you read?
I started reading “The things we never said” by Nick Alexander on my Kindle app – not gotten very far yet though!
20. The last time you cried?
A few weeks before Christmas, because I’d been suffering awful migraines and all sorts and self-diagnosed and put 1 + 1 together and ended up with 500! (yes I know I’m a wally!)
21. The last blog you read?
I read my good friend Tracey from One Frazzled Mum’s new fiction series “Raising Diana” – go have a read I think it’s brilliant!
22. The last person you spoke to?
23. The last place you visited?
East Molesey as I had to take the boys swimming!
24. Your last holiday abroad?
Germany back in the Summer.
HAVE I EVER?
25. Have you ever gotten back with an ex?
26. Have you ever been on tv?
Been in the audience on TV – does that count?
27. Have you ever talked on the phone for more than two hours?
Back in my teens – yes! My mum nearly killed me when the phone bill came!
28. Have you ever lost someone special to you?
29. Have you ever been so drunk you threw up?
30. Have you ever fallen out of love with someone?
31. Have you ever met someone who changed you?
For the better – Mr H!
32. Have you ever been in a situation where you found out who your real friends are?
Yes – a few times! It’s always the same ones that are always there.
33. Have you ever kissed someone you probably shouldn’t have?
34. Have you ever found out people were talking about you behind your back?
Pretty sure people do this all the time, so yes!
35. Have you ever broken someone’s heart?
Not knowingly, no.
36. Have you ever kissed a stranger?
37. Have you ever had your own heart broken?
38. Have you ever had sex on the first date?
39. Have you ever been arrested?
40. Have you ever been attracted to someone that isn’t the gender you usually find attractive?
41. Have you ever done something you regret?
42. Have you ever had a threesome?
43. Have you ever embarrassed yourself in public?
44. Have you ever misjudged someone?
MY BELIEFS AND OPINIONS
45. Do you believe in God?
I believe there must be other signs of life out there but not necessarily God.
46. Do you believe in yourself?
Depends! Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t
47. Do you believe in Santa Claus?
48. Do you believe in ghosts?
49. Do you believe in aliens?
Yes – see no 45!
50. Do you believe in miracles?
51. Do you believe in the power of positive thinking?
52. Do you believe in love at first sight?
53. Can money make you happy?
It might make things easier but I ultimately, I don’t think it should be the crux of being happy.
54. Would you describe yourself as a feminist?
I don’t think of myself as a feminist, but I do believe in equal rights so I guess that would mean I am!
55. Are you pro-life or pro-choice?
56. Do you have strong political beliefs?
57. Do you have strong religious beliefs?
58. What do you think the most important thing you can give a child is?
Love without a question of a doubt
59. Are you eating anything right now?
No, but I want all the cheese!
60. Are you drinking anything right now?
61. What are you listening to right now?
Mr H is watching TV so that’s background noise for me.
62. What are you thinking about right now?
Getting ready for bed!
63. What are you waiting for right now?
The weekend so I can have a lie-in! Life goals right there!
64. What are you most excited about right now?
Spending a weekend away with my school friends to celebrate all of us turning 40. Eeeek!
65. What’s your pet hate right now?
People saying “like” a million times in a sentence, and the bloody ads on Words With Friends! (Online Scrabble app!)
66. What’s your favourite thing right now?
67. If you weren’t answering these questions, what would you be doing right now?
Getting ready for bed!
68. Your first best friend?
A girl called Julia at Infant school
69. Your first kiss?
When I was 13
70. Your first celebrity crush?
A Chinese Canto-pop star! Ha! (don’t ask)
71. Your first holiday?
Camping on the Isle of Wight with school
72. Your first pet?
Dog called Snowy
73. Your first regret?
Letting my mum perm my hair!
74. Your first job?
I worked in telesales when I was 15!
75. Your first childhood memory?
Being in a pram and being pushed around in the snow – random, and not sure how I even remember that!
WHICH WOULD I CHOOSE?
76. Love or money?
77. Twitter or Facebook?
78. Hook up or relationship?
79. Dogs or cats?
80. Coffee or tea?
81. Beer or wine?
82. Sweet or savoury?
Sweet – but recently it’s been savoury.
83. Introvert or extrovert?
84. Vampires or werewolves?
85. Seaside or countryside?
86. Summer or winter?
87. Books or movies?
Can I have both?
88. Horror or comedy?
A FEW RANDOM QUESTIONS TO FINISH
89. Do you wish you could change your past?
Not really, because it’s what has shaped me to be who I am today. (wow, deep or what?!)
90. What’s your dream job?
Being able to work from home and be there at a drop of a hat for my kids
91. What’s your guilty pleasure?
At the moment? Cheese
92. What are you afraid of?
Anything bad happening to the boys, death, ill-health
93. What was the first thing you wanted to be when you grew up?
94. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
To be able to heal
95. If you could change anything about your life what would it be?
If I could ensure my boys would always be safe that would be great – does that count?
96. Would you want immortality?
97. If you could interview anyone alive or dead who would you choose?
Oooo tough choice….my Grandad. To ask him about his life growing up.
98. Would you say you are happy?
Yes, but there’s always room for improvement
99. What one piece of advice would you give to yourself at age eighteen?
To stress less and just enjoy the moment
100. Where would you like to be in five years?
To finally have a new kitchen/extension or to have moved house. To be a few steps closer to doing what I love every day rather than just as a hobby.