Abominable, a new animated movie for the whole family has been released onto DVD and Blu-Ray just in time for half-term. Set in China, a young girl named Yi has recently lost her father and is finding it hard to grieve. She pushes her family and friends away and works all hours so she can save enough money to travel and go on an adventure.
One day, Yi finds a Yeti (an Abominable snowman whom she names Everest) on her roof. He’s thousands of miles away from his family in the Himalayas. Yi takes him under her wing, and with the help of her friends, they embark on a journey to help reunite Everest with his family.
The DVD and Blu-Ray is packed with over an hour of bonus content including two original short movies, deleted scenes and more.
Abominable half-term activities
To keep the kids entertained over half-term, why not try some of the following activities?
- Make your own steamed pork buns just like the film. You can download the recipe here
- Test their knowledge of the movie with this Activity sheet
- For younger children there’s a Colouring Activity Sheet
Win a copy of Abominable on Blu-Ray
I am giving the chance for one of my readers to win Abominable on Blu-Ray. For your chance to win, simply enter via the Gleam widget below.
Terms & Conditions
- The closing date is 23.59pm Sunday 8 March 2020
- The prize is one Abominable Blu-Ray
- There is no cash alternative
- This competition is open to residents of the UK only
- Entrants must log in via Gleam widget
- All entries will be verified
- The winner will be chosen at random using the widget