This pork meatballs recipe is another from Slimming World and its absolutely delicious with hidden veggies. It’s perfect for families – my boys loved this dish and asked for seconds!
Ready in an hour
- 500g lean pork mince (5% fat or less)
- 2 tsp thyme
- small handful of roughly chopped fresh parsley to garnish
For the vegetable sauce
- 2 courgettes, cut into chunks
- 2 red peppers, halved, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 red onions cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- low calorie cooking spray
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp sweetener
Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6.
First roast the vegetables to make the sauce. Put the courgettes, peppers, onions and garlic into a roasting tin and spray with low calorie cooking spray. Season to taste and roast for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
Meanwhile, put the pork in a bowl with the dried thyme. Season well and, using your hands, shape the mixture into 24 meatballs. Chill them while the vegetables roast.
Put the roasted vegetables in a food processor with the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, sweetener and 150ml water. Blitz until smooth and checkthe seasoning.
Pour the sauce into the same roasting tin you used for the vegetables and drop in the meatballs (without stirring them in yet). Roast for 20 minutes then stir the meatballs into the sauce.
Garnish the meatballs with parsley and serve them hot with pasta or rice.