Happy New Year!
I’m slowly easing myself back into the world of blogging; it’s been so and to be able to fully switch off and enjoy time with my family over the Christmas break. The boys and I aren’t back to work/school until next week, so we’ve had lazy mornings at home. They have loved just mooching around in their PJs playing with their toys.
How has your Christmas break been?
I’ve been tagged by my very lovely friend Tracey from One Frazzled Mum in the Top 7 tag which seems to have really taken off as I’ve seen a fair few other bloggers join in. The Top 7 tag covers the following and is a great way to look back at 2018 and to look forward to the year ahead too.
- Your Favourite 7 Posts from 2018. They can be any posts at all that you are proud of.
- 7 Things You Loved The Most About 2018. Whether you visited somewhere, or just had one of those moments you will never forget, if you loved it, list it!
- 7 Things You Are Looking Forward to in 2019. Whether those plans are set in stone or you something you would like to do this year, share with us.
- Tag 7 Bloggers to Take Part. Share the love and tag 7 others who would like to take part.
- Say Thanks. Link back to the person who tagged you and/or myself, so people know where to find the tag to join in too.
My top 7 posts of 2018
- How to get your children to eat more fibre
- Why working from home is invaluable to me
- Turning 40 and taking better care of myself
- Our first visit to Tankfest at The Tank Museum, Bovington
- Top tips for managing eczema
- 10 things that make me happy
- Our visit to Godstone Farm
7 things I loved in 2018
My first night away from the boys
It might be hard to believe, but up until last year, I’d not ever spent a night away from the boys. My friends from school and I had organised a spa weekend at a hotel to celebrate us all turning 40. We had good food and wine and most importantly a night off from the kids! Bliss.
My 40th Birthday
It might be daunting celebrating a big birthday but, I was utterly spoilt with flowers and gifts and had the most wonderful weekend with Mr H and the boys. We spent the day at Madame Tussauds, lunched at the Rainforest Cafe and went on the London Eye – it was the perfect way to celebrate.
The boys learning to ride their bikes
I’m so proud how quickly they nailed this. I had visions of backbreaking work running along holding onto them, but thankfully that wasn’t the case. We literally decided to remove their stabilisers one weekend, and within minutes they were both riding away!
Our days out
We’ve had some fantastic days out this year, many theme park based ones, farms and just generally exploring outdoors. One weekend to remember was most certainly Tankfest. I do hope that these will be the memories the boys will remember when they look back on their childhood. We’ll no doubt be adding many more to the memory bank this year.
Our holiday to Spain
We had a wonderful week in Spain with friends; we had lots of beach and pool time – just what the doctor ordered.
The heatwave was glorious, and while it may not have been popular for most, we really enjoyed and made the most of it.
Learning to become a Bio Sculpture Nail Technician
I’ve not spoken about this much on the blog, but I embarked on a Bio Sculpture training course back in June. I have loved learning this new skill and will be blogging about my training experience very soon so do keep an eye out for it.
7 things I am looking forward to in 2019
- To start our home renovations – it feels like I’ve been talking about this since forever but I am really hoping this is the year they turn into a reality! I am in desperate NEED of a new kitchen!
- I’ve asked for a Photography Course as part of my Christmas present, so I am looking forward to taking my camera off auto and learning how to use it on manual properly.
- Celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary in April – although I can’t believe its come around so quickly! Mr H and I will have been married for a whole decade!!
- Doing more travelling and seeing new places – we have no firm plans to go anywhere in particular yet but we have just started talking about the possibility of going to Japan which is very exciting!
- Now that I am fully qualified, I am hoping to grow my Bio Sculpture Nails business this year and fit this in around work and the blog. I already have a few clients but would like to gain a few more regulars.
- I’ve had some amazing opportunities through the blog in 2018, so I am looking forward to seeing what 2019 may bring.
- Getting fit and joining the gym